Monday, January 30, 2017

Learning To Learn


The intent of my blog is not to teach, it is to help you learn.  Although I have some education in this field and a good amount of experience in the things I write about, I do not consider myself an expert in any of these things.  I simply want to share what I do know and help you onto the path of learning for yourself.  I don't expect anyone to take my words as law, I hope that you will question everything you read along the way and form your own opinions.

I have worked through many issues on my own over the years and have found a lot of good knowledge that helped me get onto the positive path I have taken, but I will continue to learn as long as I am able to.  If you are reading this post then you already have the ability to read, or at least have a way to receive the information.  The information I am providing is my own insight into mental health issues, and its purpose is to make you think and to start your own learning path.

I have  no intent to give advice since that is not my purpose.  I will share information and make some suggestions, but what you do with the information is totally up to you.  I know that you can learn the information to help you move forward onto a more positive path in life no matter where you are at in your life.  I do hope that you will ask questions along your journey and find the best possible information which will help you to improve your quality of life.

I simply have an inner calling to help others where I can and this is my way of doing so.  After working with many young adults and youth over the past few years, I learned that the best way to help them was to help them learn for themselves.  There is an old say that 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.  I am going to do my best to lead people to learning but you will need to teach yourself.

I will say again, question everything, because this is what provides the passion to keep moving forward in your learning.  I hope that the words I write are helping you find your way to better mental health, and as long as people keep reading, I will keep writing.  My hope is that others will eventually want to share parts of their journey here on the blog and that more helpers will emerge.  We all have experience and knowledge of things that others need to improve their lives.

Inspire others to inspire others is a big part of my premise.  We are living in a time where mental health issues are rising to epidemic levels and we all need to play our part if we want to stop this growth.  This is what I am doing to play my part and I am hoping to inspire you to either do the same, or at least improve your own quality of life.

Have a peaceful day and be well

No comments:

Post a Comment